Buying a Laptop ??

I always get phone calls about laptops and how to know if it is a good laptop or a dud. There are several things I look at before I purchase a laptop.
1. Amount of memory - I will not purchase a laptop without at least 1GB of DDR memory. (I Prefer 2GB in order to have my laptop running super fast)
2. Hard Drive - Now this depends on what you use it for but for a family computer in today's market 120GB hard drive or higher is what you should be looking for because music downloads, Internet surfing, and pictures will fill a hard drive faster than you think.
3. Brand - Stick with the names you can trust: HP, Compaq, Dell, Acer, Sony, Toshiba are my top companies for laptops.
4. CPU Speed - Since it is hard to tell these days the speed of a motherboard due to AMD verse Intel, and new technology, just shoot for 3.0Gz P4 or higher. I have used AMD and Intel and they both get the job done, so I will save the money and get the AMD Processor instead in most cases.
5. Ports - make sure that is has all the ports you will need. USB 2-4 ports, if you have firewire devices make sure it has a firewire port on the laptop so you do not have to purchase one later.
6. DVD Burner: I suggest getting a computer with DVD Burner on it so you can easily back up your computer, plus burn huge files when needed.
These are the top things I look for then I compare prices and purchase the best deal, for more information please check out my website
www.cmcomp.com
By: Chad Wiley
C&M Computer Solutions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resignation Letter of Systems Admin - Funny

Interesting Questions--Must Read

Types of Management

Incompetent Manager ( 10 ways to know )

Abof Website Details And Customer Care Information